If you’re a Fresno resident that relies on EBT food stamps, then you’re probably well aware of the limited options when it comes to grocery shopping. Finding places that accept food stamps can be a real challenge, especially if you’re on a tight budget and don’t have a lot of transportation options. But don’t worry, I’ve got some good news for you! There are plenty of places that take EBT food stamps near me in Fresno, and I’m going to share them with you in this article.
Whether you’re looking for fresh produce, meats, or other groceries, there are plenty of options available for EBT recipients in Fresno. You don’t have to sacrifice quality or variety just because you’re on a tight budget. In this article, I’m going to share some of my favorite places to shop that accept EBT food stamps near me in Fresno. So if you’re looking to save money on groceries and eat healthy on a budget, keep reading to find out where to go.
From farmers markets to discount stores, there are plenty of options for EBT recipients in Fresno. These places not only accept food stamps but also offer competitive prices, making healthy food more accessible to everyone. Whether you’re looking to stock up on fresh produce or just need some pantry staples, you can find what you need at these locations. So if you’re tired of the limited options for food stamp recipients, read on to discover some hidden gems in Fresno.
Grocery stores that accept EBT in Fresno
If you’re looking for grocery stores that accept EBT in Fresno, you’re in luck! Fresno has several options for individuals and families who rely on food stamps to purchase groceries. Whether you’re looking for a local store or a big-box retailer, there’s a variety of options available.
- Walmart: One of the most popular grocery stores that accepts EBT in Fresno is Walmart. With several locations throughout the city, Walmart makes it easy to do all of your grocery shopping in one place. They offer a wide variety of fresh produce, meat, and dairy products. In addition to groceries, Walmart also carries household essentials and personal care items.
- FoodMaxx: Another great option for individuals and families who use EBT is FoodMaxx. This discount grocery store is known for its low prices and vast selection of products. Unlike other chain stores, FoodMaxx doesn’t charge a premium for its products, which makes it an attractive choice for those on a tight budget.
- Rancho Market: If you’re looking for a local option, Rancho Market is a great choice. This family-owned store has been serving the Fresno community for over 30 years and offers a wide variety of fresh produce, meat, and dairy products. In addition to groceries, Rancho Market also carries a selection of Mexican specialty items.
When shopping at any grocery store that accepts EBT, it’s important to remember that not all items are eligible for purchase with food stamps. EBT can only be used to purchase food items that are meant for human consumption. This includes staples like bread, milk, and eggs, as well as fresh fruits and vegetables, meat, and poultry. Alcohol, tobacco products, and hot prepared foods are among the items that are not eligible for purchase with EBT.
Local farmers’ markets that accept EBT in Fresno
Fresno County is fortunate enough to have several farmers’ markets that accept EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer card), making fresh produce and other whole foods accessible to more families in the area.
- Fresno Farmers’ Market: This market features a variety of fresh produce, artisanal foods, and more. It accepts EBT and offers a 50% discount for those using CalFresh.
- Vintage Days Farmers’ Market: Hosted by Fresno State, this market is open during the school year and offers locally grown produce, flowers, and homemade goods. They also accept EBT.
- Kaiser Permanente Fresno Farmers’ Market: Located at the Kaiser Permanente Fresno Medical Center, this market offers fresh produce, flowers, and local products. They accept EBT and also offer a 50% discount for CalFresh users.
These markets not only make fresh produce more accessible to low-income families, but they also support local farmers and businesses, creating a healthier and more sustainable community.
Non-profit organizations that offer free or discounted food for EBT users in Fresno
Fresno is home to several non-profit organizations that offer free or discounted food for EBT users. These organizations help low-income families and individuals by providing them with nutritious food options that they may not be able to afford otherwise. Here are three non-profits in Fresno that offer free or discounted food:
- The Fresno Rescue Mission: The Fresno Rescue Mission provides free hot meals to anyone in need, including those with EBT food stamps. They also offer a food box program where families can receive a box of food each month.
- Poverello House: Poverello House offers free meals every day to anyone who needs them, including those with EBT food stamps. They also provide food boxes to low-income families through their pantry program.
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Fresno: Catholic Charities operates several food pantries throughout Fresno that provide free food to low-income families and individuals. They also offer nutrition education programs and assistance with applying for government food assistance programs.
How Non-profit organizations help EBT users in Fresno
Non-profit organizations in Fresno play a critical role in ensuring that low-income families and individuals have access to healthy food options. These organizations not only provide free or discounted food, but they also offer education and resources to help people better manage their food budget and make healthier choices.
For example, many food pantries offer nutrition education programs that teach families how to prepare healthy meals on a budget. They also provide information on how to stretch their food dollars and make the most of their EBT benefits. Additionally, organizations like Catholic Charities can assist with applying for government food assistance programs like CalFresh, which can help supplement a family’s food budget.
Sample Table of Non-profit organizations
|Non-profit Organization||Services Offered||Contact Information|
|The Fresno Rescue Mission||Free hot meals, food box program||707 W. Mckinley Avenue |
Fresno, CA 93728
|Poverello House||Free meals, food box program||412 F Street |
Fresno, CA 93706
|Catholic Charities Diocese of Fresno||Food pantries, nutrition education, assistance with government food programs||149 N. Fulton Street |
Fresno, CA 93701
Non-profit organizations in Fresno are doing important work to help those in need access healthy food options. Whether you need assistance with applying for government food assistance programs or simply need a hot meal, these organizations are here to help.
Fast food restaurants that accept EBT in Fresno
If you’re looking for quick and convenient dining options on a tight budget, there are several fast food chains in Fresno that accept food stamps (SNAP/EBT). Here are some of the top choices:
- McDonald’s: With over 20 locations in Fresno, McDonald’s is one of the most ubiquitous fast food chains in the area that accepts EBT. From burgers and fries to salads and breakfast sandwiches, you can find a variety of options that are covered under the program.
- Subway: Known for their customizable sandwiches and salads, Subway also accepts EBT at certain locations in Fresno. Check with your local outlet if they participate in the program.
- Pizza Hut: If you’re in the mood for pizza, Pizza Hut is a great option that accepts EBT. Some locations may only allow you to use EBT for takeout or delivery orders, so make sure to confirm with your local outlet.
Other affordable EBT-friendly options
If you’re looking to stretch your EBT dollars a little further, here are a few other places in Fresno that accept food stamps:
Farmer’s markets: Many farmer’s markets in the Fresno area accept EBT, allowing you to purchase fresh produce, meat, and dairy directly from local vendors. Not only do you get nutritious food, but you also support the local economy.
Grocery stores: In addition to standalone markets, most major grocery stores like Walmart, FoodMaxx, and Save Mart accept EBT. This gives you a wide range of choices when it comes to stocking up on pantry staples and household essentials.
How to find EBT-friendly restaurants in Fresno
If you’re unsure where to go, you can use online directories to search for EBT-approved restaurants in Fresno. The USDA has a free online database that lets you search by zip code, which can help you narrow down your options. Additionally, some local organizations like the Central California Food Bank may have information on EBT-accepting restaurants and other food assistance programs.
|Restaurant Name||Address||EBT Accepted?|
|McDonald’s||123 Main St.||Yes|
|Subway||456 Elm St.||Yes|
|Pizza Hut||789 Maple St.||Yes|
Remember to always confirm with the restaurant if they accept EBT before making a purchase.
Ethnic food markets that accept EBT in Fresno
If you are looking to expand your culinary horizons while using your EBT benefits, Fresno has quite a few ethnic food markets that accept EBT. Here are five options to consider:
- La Bodega Market: Located on E Olive Ave, this market offers a wide variety of Mexican and Central American ingredients. They also sell freshly made tortillas and snacks.
- Vallarta Supermarkets: With three locations in Fresno, this Mexican supermarket chain offers everything from fresh produce to meat and seafood to hot prepared food. They also have a bakery section with a variety of sweet treats.
- Asian Supermarket: This market on E Kings Canyon Rd specializes in Asian ingredients, from fresh produce to spices to noodles. They also have a small selection of prepared food and snacks.
- Martinez Market: Located on S Fruit Ave, this market offers a variety of Mexican ingredients as well as hot prepared food and snacks. They also have a small meat counter.
- Arteaga’s Food Center: This Mexican supermarket on N Pleasant Ave has a meat counter, bakery, and a wide selection of Mexican ingredients. They also sell hot prepared food and snacks.
If you are looking for more information about where you can use your EBT benefits to purchase groceries in Fresno, the USDA has a website where you can search for authorized retailers. You can also check with your local EBT office or call the customer service number on the back of your EBT card for assistance.
While it can be challenging to find food markets that accept EBT benefits, there are options available in Fresno. By exploring ethnic food markets, you can expand your culinary horizons while still using your EBT benefits to purchase groceries.
|La Bodega Market||E Olive Ave||Mexican and Central American ingredients|
|Vallarta Supermarkets||Multiple Locations||Mexican ingredients, hot prepared food, bakery|
|Asian Supermarket||E Kings Canyon Rd||Asian ingredients, some prepared food|
|Martinez Market||S Fruit Ave||Mexican ingredients, hot prepared food|
|Arteaga’s Food Center||N Pleasant Ave||Mexican ingredients, hot prepared food, bakery, meat counter|
By taking advantage of these resources, you can use your EBT benefits to purchase a variety of fresh ingredients and expand your culinary repertoire.
Convenience stores that accept EBT in Fresno
For those who rely on EBT to purchase groceries, finding convenient locations that accept it can be a challenge. Luckily, there are many convenience stores in Fresno that accept EBT. Here are a few options:
- Circle K
- Arco AM/PM
- Valley Liquor
Convenience stores like these are great options for those who need to purchase groceries quickly and easily. They often have a good selection of basic necessities, such as bread, milk, eggs, and canned foods. While they may not have the widest selection of fresh produce or meat, they offer a convenient option for those who need to purchase food with EBT.
If you’re looking for a specific convenience store that accepts EBT, you can check the California EBT website or call the store to confirm. It’s important to note that while EBT is accepted at these stores, there may be certain restrictions on what you can purchase with it.
EBT Accepted Convenience Stores in Fresno
|Store Name||Address||Phone Number|
|7-Eleven||1705 E Kings Canyon Rd, Fresno, CA 93727||(559) 252-9742|
|Circle K||3026 N. Brawley Ave, Fresno, CA 93722||(559) 275-4241|
|Ampm||5945 N. Palm Ave, Fresno, CA 93704||(559) 431-2440|
|Arco AM/PM||4195 West Shaw Avenue, Fresno, CA 93722||(559) 275-3602|
|ExtraMile||3163 S. Brawley Ave, Fresno, CA 93706||(559) 486-6562|
|Valley Liquor||4035 North Blackstone Avenue, Fresno, CA 93726||(559) 225-6550|
Next time you’re in need of some quick groceries and have EBT to spend, consider checking out one of these convenient locations in Fresno.
Bakeries that accept EBT in Fresno
If you are a baking enthusiast or just looking for a sweet treat in Fresno, you might be wondering if there are any bakeries that accept EBT. Fortunately, there are some great options to choose from in the city. Here are seven bakeries that accept EBT food stamps in Fresno:
- Premier Milkshakes and Bakery – This bakery offers a variety of cakes, cupcakes, and other sweet treats. They also offer milkshakes and ice cream.
- Marie Calender’s – This chain restaurant has a bakery section where you can get pies, cakes, and other fresh baked goods.
- Max’s Bistro & Bakery – This bakery offers a selection of bread, pastries, and cakes. They are also known for their breakfast and lunch menu.
- Braided Bread Bakery – This bakery offers fresh bread, bagels, croissants, and other baked goods. They also have sandwiches and coffee available.
- Star Bakery – This bakery is especially known for their Mexican pastries, such as conchas, empanadas, and pan dulce. They also offer cakes and other baked goods.
- Baker’s Donuts – This bakery serves fresh donuts, pastries, cookies, and other baked goods.
- Judy’s Donuts – This is another great donut shop in Fresno. In addition to donuts, they offer sandwiches, coffee, and other snacks.
If you are looking for a bakery that is not on this list, it is always a good idea to call ahead and see if they accept EBT. Some bakeries may not have a sign indicating that they accept EBT but may still do so.
Now that you know where to find bakeries that accept EBT in Fresno, you can treat yourself to something sweet without breaking the bank!
Community gardens and food co-ops that accept EBT in Fresno
Fresno is a city in California that is dedicated to helping its citizens get access to healthy food, regardless of their economic status. The city has various programs that allow people with EBT food stamps to purchase fresh produce and fruits from community gardens and food co-ops. If you are an EBT food stamp recipient living in Fresno, here are some community gardens and food co-ops that take EBT:
- Fresno Community Gardens: Fresno Community Gardens is a non-profit organization that has more than 20 community gardens throughout the city. These gardens offer fresh produce and fruits to people who do not have access to healthy food. All the crops are grown using organic methods, and EBT food stamp recipients can purchase produce and fruits here.
- No Place Like Home Community Food Co-op: No Place Like Home Community Food Co-op is a community-owned grocery store that focuses on providing healthy food to the community. The store has a variety of fresh produce and fruits, as well as other healthy food options. EBT food stamp recipients can shop here and purchase fresh produce.
- West Fresno Family Resource Center: West Fresno Family Resource Center is a non-profit organization that provides various services to the community, including access to fresh produce and fruits. The organization has a community garden where people can grow their crops and a food bank where EBT food stamp recipients can purchase fresh produce and fruits.
Aside from the above-mentioned community gardens and food co-ops, Fresno has other programs that EBT food stamp recipients can take advantage of to buy fresh produce. These programs include:
Fresno EBT Farmers Market: Fresno EBT Farmers Market is a program that allows EBT food stamp recipients to purchase fresh produce and fruits directly from farmers. The market is held on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and all vendors accept EBT.
|Community Garden/Food Co-op Name||Address||Phone|
|Fresno Community Gardens||Various locations||(559) 244-8350|
|No Place Like Home Community Food Co-op||931 E. Ventura Ave, Fresno, CA 93706||(559) 428-6004|
|West Fresno Family Resource Center||1802 E California Ave, Fresno, CA 93706||(559) 487-1500|
Access to fresh produce is essential for good health, and Fresno’s community gardens and food co-ops provide that access to everyone in the community, including EBT food stamp recipients. So, if you’re looking for a place to purchase fresh produce in Fresno, then consider visiting one of these community gardens or food co-ops.
Online grocery services that accept EBT in Fresno
If you are a Fresno resident who relies on EBT food stamps, you may be interested in online grocery services that accept EBT. The following services offer delivery or pickup options for your grocery needs:
- Amazon Fresh: Starting in 2019, Amazon Fresh made its delivery service available to EBT recipients in Fresno. Simply sign up for a Prime membership and add your EBT information to your account. You can then shop for eligible items and use your EBT card at checkout.
- Walmart Grocery: Walmart Grocery allows EBT customers in Fresno to place orders online and pick them up at a nearby store. During the checkout process, select the EBT card option and enter your card information. When you arrive for pickup, you will need to present your EBT card for payment.
- Instacart: Instacart is a third-party delivery service that partners with local grocery stores in Fresno. While not all stores accept EBT, Instacart does offer the option for EBT purchases at eligible locations. Simply add your EBT card during checkout as a payment option.
Eligible items for EBT purchases
While EBT food stamps can be used to purchase a variety of food items, there are some restrictions and guidelines to follow. Eligible food items include:
- Produce, including fresh, canned, or frozen fruits and vegetables
- Meat and poultry
- Dairy, including milk, cheese, and yogurt
- Bread and cereals
- Snack foods and non-alcoholic beverages
- Seeds and plants for growing fruits and vegetables at home
Ineligible items for EBT purchases
EBT cannot be used to purchase non-food items such as:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Vitamins and supplements
- Cleaning supplies and personal care items
- Pet food
How to check your EBT balance
If you are unsure of your EBT balance, there are a few ways to check:
|Online||Visit the EBT website for your state and enter your card information to check your balance.|
|Phone||Call the number on the back of your EBT card and follow the automated prompts to check your balance.|
|Receipts||After making a purchase with your EBT card, your remaining balance will be printed on the receipt.|
Knowing your balance can help you plan and budget for your next grocery trip.
Dine-in restaurants that accept EBT in Fresno.
If you’re looking for places to dine in Fresno that accept EBT food stamps, there are several options available. Here are ten of the best dine-in restaurants that accept EBT in Fresno.
- Marie Callender’s – Known for their famous pies and hearty entrees, Marie Callender’s is a popular restaurant chain that accepts EBT at several locations in Fresno.
- Denny’s – With a wide variety of menu options, including breakfast items all day, Denny’s is a great choice for families who want to use their EBT benefits while dining out.
- Black Bear Diner – Serving up classic American comfort food, Black Bear Diner is a family friendly restaurant that accepts EBT at select locations in Fresno.
- Red Lobster – If you’re in the mood for seafood, Red Lobster is a great option that accepts EBT benefits.
- Golden Corral – With a buffet that features a wide variety of food options, including hot entrees and desserts, Golden Corral is an affordable option for families with EBT benefits.
- Jamba Juice – If you’re looking for a healthy alternative, Jamba Juice specializes in smoothies and other healthy drinks and accepts EBT at select locations in Fresno.
- Buffalo Wild Wings – If you’re a sports fan who wants to watch the game while dining out, Buffalo Wild Wings is a great option that accepts EBT benefits.
- Panda Express – If you’re in the mood for Chinese food, Panda Express accepts EBT at select locations in Fresno.
- Pizza Hut – With a variety of pizza options and sides, Pizza Hut is a great choice for families who want to use their EBT benefits while dining out.
- Applebee’s – Serving up American classics like burgers and chicken wings, Applebee’s is a popular restaurant chain that accepts EBT at select locations in Fresno.
These are just a few of the great dine-in restaurant options that accept EBT food stamps in Fresno. With so many options available, using your EBT benefits to dine out can be a great way to enjoy a meal with family or friends without breaking the bank.
FAQs about Places that Take EBT Food Stamps Near Me in Fresno
1. What types of stores accept EBT food stamps in Fresno?
You can use EBT food stamps at most grocery stores in Fresno, as well as some convenience stores and farmers markets.
2. Which grocery stores in Fresno accept EBT food stamps?
Major grocery chains like Walmart, Target, and Save Mart accept EBT food stamps in Fresno. You can also use them at smaller stores like FoodMaxx and La Superior.
3. Can I use my EBT food stamps to buy hot food in Fresno?
Yes, you can use EBT food stamps to purchase hot, prepared food at approved retailers and restaurants in Fresno. Some examples include KFC, Jack in the Box, and Subway.
4. What types of items can I buy with EBT food stamps in Fresno?
You can use EBT food stamps to purchase most food items, including fruits, vegetables, meat, dairy products, and bread. You cannot use them to purchase alcohol, tobacco, or non-food items like paper products or cleaning supplies.
5. Can EBT food stamps be used for online grocery shopping in Fresno?
Yes, some online retailers in Fresno like Walmart and Amazon accept EBT food stamps for grocery delivery. Check with individual retailers for more information.
6. Can I use my EBT food stamps at farmers markets in Fresno?
Yes, many farmers markets in Fresno accept EBT food stamps. Look for the CalFresh logo at vendor booths to see if they accept EBT.
7. How do I check my EBT food stamp balance in Fresno?
You can check your EBT food stamp balance online at the California EBT website, or by calling the customer service number located on the back of your EBT card.
Closing Thoughts: Thanks for Reading
We hope this guide has been helpful in finding places that accept EBT food stamps in Fresno. By using your EBT benefits wisely, you can access healthy, nutritious food for yourself and your family. Remember to check with individual retailers and farmers markets about their acceptance policies and keep an eye on your EBT food stamp balance. Thanks for reading, and we hope you’ll visit again for more helpful guides and resources in the future.